martes, 28 de marzo de 2017

                 

                                            Kaleidoscopes



Actual image before converting into 3 different kaleidoscopes.


first kaleidoscope.




Second kaleidoscope.

kaleidoscope 3

Artist Reflection

     The strongest part of my finished art piece is the color contrast it has, because it contains different color mixes that can easily catch someone's attention. The part that can be improve on in my art piece is the symmetry. It can be improve on by being careful the next time I'm planning to create something that requires to be symmetric. 

          The tools I used to create my art piece were: the view guides tool, Basically I used this tool to create my rulers before starting my work. I used the polygon lasso tool and with it I just cut a part of the images I took into a triangle. With the free transform tool I play with my triangle, rotating, skewing, etc. I used the Elliptical marquee tool to make a circle in the middle of my image for later put a different color on it. The image adjustment tool helped me with the color and the different contrast of my images and also the filter and the filter gallery tool helped me to create some cool filters that could help me to make my project interesting. I used also the pen tool sometimes when I wanted to create a shape in the image for later create amazing things with it. The easiest part of this art activity was to take a image that I took and then put the rulers on it. That was the easiest part because it was easy to do and because after that on the things got more complicated.

      The difficult part of this art activity was to find a way in which all the ideas I had on mind could be represented with the same image by using differents designs. How I demonstrate each goal of this activity is in the way I respect the rule of thirds, I used my time wisely thinking how could I improve and make better my work; I made it unique, with the own ideas that I had on mind since the day I started thinking how could I do my project. If I could do this assignment again, I'd do different the way I mixed my dark colors with the light ones.  On a scale of 1-10 I would rate my effort with 10, not because 10 is the best, is just because I really worked and tried hard in my project. I spended days thinking how can I improve it and asking for help and I'm really happy with what I created because it was a product of all the effort I made.

2 comentarios:

  1. Looking at all three kaleidoscopes, there is a nice variation of colors from the original image. All three of them have a fun and unique twist to them, literally. The way the first two are actually twisted to spiral is something I haven’t seen before, so they’re definitely different. Then, the third one looks like it expands from the center, and personally, it reminds me of the shape of a beach ball. That being said, I feel as if your third one may be your weakest piece. It seems as if you started to make different layers, but just stopped and changed some colors instead.
    Overall, I think your second piece may be the best because it looks like there are multiple layers that all got twisted together. The first kaleidoscope looks like its colors were played with more, but it doesn’t look like there are as many layers as there are in the second one. Although, it also would have been cool to see some darker colors in at least one piece.
    I do definitely agree with you when you said they’re unique, though. I never would’ve thought to expand or twist anything, so personally, I find it interesting and it makes me really look at them more.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Effort: 4
    Composition/symmetry:3
    Submission of all work: 4
    Craftsmanship:4
    Artist Reflection:3.5 (what types of symmetry did you make?)
    18.5/20=93%

    ResponderEliminar